Saturday, October 4, 2008

music and architecture around the world pt2

The following youtube video, by Cika , juxtaposes a slideshow of architecture around the world with the eagles' "new kid in town". I understand how both the images of the slideshow and the music are related through content (the whole notion of being new in a certain town seeing things differently), but I felt that there was a huge disconnect between both. I would go as far as to say that this juxtaposition, at times, seemed very cacophonic.  



This next video, he juxtaposes images of animals and landscapes with Toto's "Africa". I think this works a little better, although I felt that the music got disconnected when the images of the animals were in close up. I am not sure if "Africa" utilizes any of the rhythms or instruments of indigenous African music (I always felt that it was much more Caribbean based rather than African), but I felt that at some points, the music was able to be in sync with the mood and texture of the image.

No comments: